A visa is an authorization granted to an individual to legally enter or work in a country for a variety of different reasons.
It is important to remember that a visa simply indicates that a individual’s application has been reviewed by an U.S. consular officer at an American embassy or consulate and that it has been determined that an individual is eligible to enter the United States for a particular purpose. Despite popular belief however, a visa does not guarantee entrance into the United States. Once an individual arrives to the port of entry (border or airport) he/she will then have the chance to request permission to enter the United States from a border and control officer. It is up to this officer to decide whether to allow or deny entry. The officer will also determine the permitted length of stay.
While there are many different types of visas in the United States they are divided into two main categories: Immigrant Visas and Non Immigrant Visas. The Non Immigrant Visas are granted to allow an individual to visit the United States temporarily for tourism, business, work or studying. The Immigrant Visa provides legal authorization to permanently reside and work in the United States.
Leave the process to an Immigration Professional
While the above requirements may seem straightforward, there are many intricacies involved in the application process and often times an applicant may get denied despite meeting the above requirements if any parts of the application are filled out incorrectly. This may set applicants back months if not completely ruin their chances of a second application. Since the process is complex and the outcome is vitally important, it is recommended to hire an experienced immigration attorney to navigate this complex process for you. We are a full service immigration law-firm that practices exclusively in immigration matters and will be happy to discuss the specifics of your case with you. Contact us by phone or email today to schedule a consultation with Shirley Reginiano, Esq.
Why should you hire Immigration Lawyer Shirley Reginiano?
- Avoid costly mistakes and delays in dealing with the USCIS
- Experienced immigration attorney who deals exclusively in immigration matters prepares and file your case, not a Notorio or Paralegal.
- Access to legal advice from the comfort of your home or office
- Low, Flat Fee with no hidden costs.
- Full Review of your particular circumstances
- Confirmation that a Citizenship filing is appropriate for you
- Checklist of documents that you need for your Citizenship Application
- Complete & Accurate preparation of your Citizenship application
- Submission of your Citizenship application to the appropriate government agencies
- Timely correspondence with government agencies handling your application
- Expert advise on what to expect at the USCIS interview